Is a Dexterity Build EASY MODE?

     In Dark Souls, there are plenty of stats you can level up. What do you level as a first time player? What makes the game easier? Sometimes what's easier for one boss really won't do well for another so there's a lot of nuance in making a decision on what kind of build that you want to do in any given souls game. 

    For me, I'm terrible at making decisions. When I played Elden Ring for the first time I was streaming it and because of that I was able to have people just tell me what to do! But others will not be as lucky as me and will play this game alone and not even know where to start. In Elden Ring on my first playthrough I ended up doing a dexterity build, which allows you to do a medium(good) amount of damage while not giving up movement speed. I feel like this is a safe build for people who are new to the game. 

    If you're looking to do a dexterity build for Elden Ring consider using the Uchigatana which can be found pretty early on in the game (Limgrave, or picking the samurai starting class). Here's a tutorial on how to get the Uchigatana in Elden Ring and what it scales with best.  This weapon scales really well with dexterity, meaning it gets exponentially better with leveling up the dexterity stat. Another weapon to consider that scales well with dexterity, which is also what I ended up using in my first play through, is the Rivers of  Blood Katana. An article on how to find this weapon can be found here. Rivers of Blood is a really useful weapon when fighting Malenia


in Elden Ring which is considered one of the hardest bosses in the game. The reason for this is because she is weak to bleed, a mechanic that builds up over the amount of attacks being done and then does a big amount of damage when a certain amount of attacks have been done. If that doesn't make sense, I'm sorry I don't understand it very well myself either. Although, one thing to keep in mind, a dexterity build in Elden Ring does not work that well for the final boss, Radagon/Elden Beast.
 

    I ended up using a dexterity build for all the other Dark Souls games and there are not many bosses (if any) that are really strong against a dexterity build. 

    The general consensus about the easiest build to go in the Dark Souls games are magic builds. You can stand from a distance and attack but does that really make the game easy? Not necessarily. There are plenty of bosses that can do a lot of damage to you even if you're pretty far away. Take the Bed of Chaos, which I affectionately renamed stick-bug,  for example (DS1) it can wiggle around and get you! Also, the magic builds in Dark Souls 1 are not that strong in the first place and I feel like it varies a lot based on what game you're playing. It may seem/be overpowered in Elden Ring but isn't in Dark Souls 1 so there's some variation for sure.


    

    Remember don't let yourself go hollow,

    - Autumn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Interconnected World of Dark Souls 1

About The Hollow

Queen of Fashion Souls